Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Best Day of the Year!

We had a great Christmas here at home. Did you all? What did you get?

I have to say, my favorite present this year is the awesome pressure canner David got me!! I can't to fire this bad boy up...maybe cook some chicken, or ribs. And next summer I'll be able to can some veggies that I can't can in a waterbath canner!


I also got a very nice heat pad that's microwaveable! David couldn't find a hot water bottle, so he got that instead. I took it to bed with me last night and it was definitely warm! Ooh, and he got me a really cool fire pit for outside. It's dome shaped with a mesh screen lid...perfect for sitting around at night and roasting marshmallows! He did a great job!

The kids came over from their mom's house around noon and saw that Santa had come! They were very excited!

Kylee got a biiiig present. I love her expression here. What could it be?!


A tricycle!!!


Here she is opening a Disney Princess poster for her room.


And here's Devin with his foam dart gun.


And this is our third child. Just kidding, it's just a big doll. See how Kylee's eyeballing it? Well, we had a little incident. Kylee decided she wanted to take down the doll's bun. Well, turns out there's not hair all over the doll's head, just around the edges, so when it's pulled up you can't tell. The doll looks freaky with her hair down, because you can see plastic skull. It freaked Kylee out. She laughed about it at first, but then when I took the doll's hair down a second time to show Grandpop, she said, "I'm not looking!" and hid her eyes. Poor kid is scarred for life I think.



She got some new headbands. Did you know it's the new thing to wear them all at once?


Later that night we opened the new Play-Doh food set and made a few meals.


David was testing out the Wii we got "for the kids." Everyone chipped in so we could get the Wii. David's parents and my dad also contributed. Thanks! Devin was happy to test out the popcorn Santa left.



After the kids went to bed, David and I had some quiet time. He played Wii while I knitted on the couch with Elmer and Remmy the foster dog.


Today we're headed to my dad's for a visit. My Grandma, Aunt Linda, and Uncle Larry will be there, along with my brother! Can't wait to see them!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, what a great Christmas :) I love the picture of you knitting after things settled down. Isn't that the best part?
I laughed so hard about Kylee and the partially bald Barbie!! How hilarious!!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What a great day and such great gifts! I am so glad y'all had a good day! Love the pictures! Love to all, Momma Ps- isn't resting at end of a very busy day just the best thing in the world??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...