Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now...

Today is June's due date. I've been anxiously awaiting babies, but no luck so far. I figured it was time to do a little "tidying up" before she kids.

Do you think she's wide enough?



This is the "before" picture. I decided to trim some hair from her udder and legs so it'd be easier to milk her without getting hair in the milk. Plus, it's easier to see her udder and watch for changes like bagging up. She's a little cow-hocked. :)


Here is the "after"! It made a huge difference! She wasn't too bad for the clipping...but I had to wedge her against the fence and bribe her with handfuls of goat feed.


I'm not sure if it's my anxiousness, but I think she's getting close. I've been feeling her ligaments multiple times per day, and I think they're gone this afternoon. For more information about ligaments, check out this site and scroll down just a little. I felt all around her tailhead and pin bones, and darn if I could find a ligament anywhere.



I also think she's kinda dropped a little. Normally, before birth the babies will "drop" into position, which can leave a hollow look in the flanks. You can see in the picture below there's a space just above the widest part of her belly.


I'm crossing my fingers she'll go tonight. I'm hoping I'm not just imagining what I want to see and that she really is getting closer. Only time will tell!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow!! Look at that belly!! I can't wait to see pictures of her babies :) Her udder looks nice and tidy now. Good work!

Jen said...

So Cool... her belly is big!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I hope 'my' June can get back her girlish figure! Doesn't her tummy look like it would hurt??? Thanks for teaching me about goat birthing signs and stages! How awesome! Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...