Since we're supposed to get some snow tonight (1-3"?) and possible snow this weekend (early predictions say it might be bad), I decided to do a few things "just in case."
I re-arranged the garagebarn so I could make a lambing pen/jug in case Purl decides to lamb this weekend. I don't *think* she will, but lots could change in just a few short days. And you know Murphy's Law...I wanted to be one step ahead of ol' Murphy.
So here's the pen. I'd rather there be no snow so she could lamb outside, but if it's freezing cold it will be nice to have them inside. Now, the tricky part will be getting her into the garagebarn* because she's the type to fall on her side and flail about. She's not halter broken like the favorite child, Darla. Poor Purl, always in the shadow.
Since the kennel was housing the Thanksgiving babies, they had to find a new home. I made this temporary one out of the portable fence. Hopefully they won't figure out they can hop over it like the adult chickens did.
Out of all 7 babies, this is the only one that stumped me in determining sex. I thought for sure it was a "she", now I'm thinking she's a he. We'll see!
Here's the gang. They sure are growing up. Soon they'll head out to the main coop, but for now they're fine where they are. They're surprisingly calm considering I don't spend a whole lot of time with them.
Ok, we're all set. Now we just wait and see what we're gonna get. Snow? Rain? Mix? Nothing? The suspense is killing me!
*It will now be called the garagebarn since it is both a garage and a barn. Calling it one or the other just didn't feel right.