Friday, February 19, 2010

I've Got Presents!

My milking supply order came in this week! I'm so excited. I love buying myself presents!

I ordered from two separate places. I got the 6 qt. stainless pail and the teat dip cup (blue lid) from Hamby Dairy Supply. I ordered them on Monday (a holiday) and the order came on Wednesday! Talk about awesome service. These items were both much cheaper from Hamby's than from Hoegger, even with shipping. I try to save money whenever possible!



The remaining items were ordered from Hoegger Goat Supply. I also placed this order on Monday and the items arrived today. Still not bad! I got a colostrum supplement (just in case), a container of Dynamint Udder Cream, a very cool stainless steel strainer that fits mason jars, filters to fit the strainer, nice cheesecloth (for when I eventually make cheese), plastic screw on lids for mason jars so I don't have to mess with the 2 part metal lids. The only thing that was on backorder was the teat dip concentrate, which hopefully will come in soon.

Only about 2 weeks before June is due!! I'm so excited. I've been feeling her lower right side belly lately, and I can feel the baby(ies) moving! Very cool.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Thats so cool!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love your idea of gifts! We aren't what you call traditionally high maintenance women! Feed stores and home improvement stores are our favorite! he he I love your supplies! I can't wait for June to have her babies! If a sheep 'lambs', then what do you call it when June drops her kids? Does she 'kid'?

Kelly said...

I know what you mean about buying yourself presents. It is so much fun. Do you use a teat spray to prevent mastitis? My goat people highly recommend it. I will have to get a catalog from Hamby. Hoegger is expensive. Can't wait to see the babies.
Kelly

Kelly said...

Where did you find the lids for the mason jars? I have been looking around Bangor and can't find them here. Thanks
Kelly

katiegirl said...

Hey Kelly, I found them at Hoeggers. They're around $5 for a box of 8. They have regular mouth lids and wide mouth lids. I'm going to check our local stores this spring and see if they have them too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...