Saturday, February 6, 2010
My sister Becky at The Stockpot tagged me for the Honest Scrap Award! This award goes to bloggers who "put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul." Thanks! Now I have to share 10 honest things about me!
1. I am very indecisive. It took me 2 (or 3?) days to do this post because I could not think of what to write! I have a hard time ordering at restaurants, I can't pick a favorite anything, and I agonize over decisions I have to make!
2. I am addicted to Utz White Corn Tortilla Chips. Seriously, addicted. They are not safe with me around. I love their salty, delicate texture. YUM. I even like them plain better than with dip or salsa.
3. I used to have pet rats, and I bred them. I never had any trouble selling the babies as pets, I had a whole website and everything! Most litters were reserved before they were even born! I miss them a little. They're awesome pets and much better for kids than mean old hamsters!
4. I hate politics. Really, I couldn't care less. I know I'm supposed to be interested in what is going on in our nation, but I have just gotten to the point where I feel like it doesn't matter, so why worry? I still vote and will always do that, but I don't get whacked out at what our politicians do. I just prefer to keep my head in the sand.
5. I once picked up a turkey that was laying in the middle of the road. I thought she was injured, but I didn't see anything wrong with her. She let me pick her up. As I was carrying her back to the car, a police officer drove by and asked what I was doing. I explained that I found her in the road and didn't want her to get hurt, so I was taking her home. He said ok and drove on. She rode in the front seat of my Bonneville like a pro! She was very friendly. I told my coworkers the story, and one said he'd seen a sign on the same road that said, "Will the girl in the red car please bring our pet turkey back." Oops. Turns out the turkey's name was Lucy and she liked to sun herself on the road. The owners' neighbor had seen me out there with the cop car, so the owners called the police station to find out information. All they knew is I had a red car. They were happy to get their turkey back, and I told them to let me know if they ever needed to find a new home for her. They ended up giving her away to someone else. That still irks me, and it happened when I was 17 or so.
6. Continuing with the animal theme, once I was driving back from visiting my sister. I made it a few miles down the road and saw what looked like a big dog in the midlde of the road. I got closer and realized it was a goat. I pulled over and grabbed a dog leash (I had my dog and my dad's dog in the car with me). I called to the goat and she ran over. I clipped the leash to her collar and walked to the nearest house, which was unoccupied. I called my sister and she called animal control. I sat on the side of the road with the goat for about a half hour waiting for animal control to arrive. The goat was so friendly. I wish I could have brought her home with me. And of course, people are so friendly in NC about 5 cars stopped to see if I was alright! Animal control came and put her in their truck. I never did find out what happened to her.
7. I can't sleep past 7. I wish I could, but I just wake up. The dogs wake me up, or I hear the kids downstairs, or David breathes too loudly. I sometimes get mad that I'm always the first one up, but I just can't sleep in. I can sometimes go back to sleep though, after I let the dogs out, feed them, feed the animals outside, etc. But it's not the same.
8. I don't like cherry flavored things, but I like maraschino cherries out of the jar and fresh cherries. But cherry ice cream? Bleh!
9. Sometimes I wish I was a kid again. It'd be nice to not have any worries.
10. But sometimes I'm so glad to be an adult and in charge of my life! It's nice to see what I've accomplished and what David and I have accomplished together! We've come a long way!
Whew. That was hard!! Now I'm passing the award to Jen at Our Little Farm! Tag, you're it!