Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two Dogs

One of my bff's, Jenny, asked me to make two felted wool dogs for her sister's wedding. Her sister has two labs, Bella and Chevy. She wanted a figurine of each of them to sit on a table at her wedding on November 14th.

This is my first commissioned work, and I was really nervous, especially since it was for a good friend (well, her sister). Oh, the sister doesn't know about these, by the way. They're a surprise!

I finally finished them last night!

Meet Bella, the white lab.








And Chevy, the black lab. Jenny said Chevy's head isn't blocky like Bella's, so I tried to reflect that.











I'm really excited to see how the bride-to-be likes them. It's a heck of lot of pressure making something for someone's wedding!

I'm glad they're done. No more pressure!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Katie they are fantastic. You are very talented. I'm sure the bride will love her puppies.

Becky said...

Katie!!!!! They're awesome!! Wow, you have an amazing eye for detail. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with her doggies. Great job!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Those are the cutest darn things Katie boo! Do you think you could capture Mia's likeness? You are so talented! Congrats on the commission!! Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...