Thursday, September 10, 2009

Some Things

I've been getting back into the swing of things craft-wise. I hadn't made anything since before the wedding until a few weeks ago. I'd just been too busy with other things...the garden, the animals, stuff around the house. I feel like we're getting closer to a routine now that school has started. After I (we) get home, help with homework, eat dinner, feed the animals, and put the kids to bed, I sit down on the couch in front of the TV (yes, I like to rot my brain, thanks) and try to do some knitting or some type of crafting.

After I made the first cell phone cozy, I decided to try few more. I made this pink one next. I paid closer attention to the pattern, and honestly I think it's a little too narrow for my tastes. I'll start making them wider and not quite so deep. I think it's still cute though.



The third time, I made sure to alter the pattern. The pattern says to cast on 24 stitches, and I did 32 (or 34?) stitches. I also made the strap slightly shorter. This cozy is shorter and wider, and I really like it better. I fulled (felted) this one after I sewed it together. Then I added some button flowers and embroidered the stems on it.



I decided to give this one a snap closure since the strap was shorter.


I've been working on these little hairpins for a while, I just haven't gotten around to showing them. They're little felted nests with freshwater pearl "eggs".







This weekend I plan on adding some things to my shop. It's been rather empty for too long now.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Nice job! I love the cozies. The button flowers are so cute!
The hair pins looks so pretty lined up together. Cute idea :)

I do the same thing, btw... kids in bed = sitting in front of the TV with knitting. A great way to end the day :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

It's the only way I can not bite my nails....only I crochet since I am a knitwit with knitting!!! Katie - I love your hair pins and the phone cosies are very cute. I love how you don't just make things but also decorate them! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...