Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stop and smell the roses....

Well, these aren't roses, but they're pretty anyways. Here are some of the blooms in my yard tonight.

Zinnia


Gooseneck Loosetrife


Turkey Neck Loos--wait. That's a loose turkey!


Yellow Coneflower


White Guara


Pink Yarrow (I also have tons of white, but the pink is prettier)


Daylillies


Bee Balm (can you spot the powdery mildew? UGH)


Hydrangea


The flowers that I replanted from the old house are really taking off! I'm beginning to think I packed them in too tightly. Some of them might need to be moved, but that would require me making a new bed. I suppose I'll get to it someday.

I have to go. I made this for dinner tonight, and it just came out of the oven and I hear it calling my name! Have you read the Pioneer Woman blog? OMG, I think I am in love! I have been spending obscene amounts of time reading her posts. I'm hooked!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love the turkey neck loos! LOL Pretty flowers! I'm amazed at all of the flowers you managed to put in in such a short amount of time! How did the dinner turn out?

katiegirl said...

Thanks, Beck! The dinner was good, but next time I'll add more salt. I was afraid of adding too much, but I didn't add enough. And I only added one egg, even though you said not to add it! I am stubborn. But I did add the milk! I'll make it again though. :-)

Linda said...

The dinner dish looks and sounds tasty. I just found Pioneer Woman. I do like her writing style.

Anonymous said...

baking soda and water will help with the powdery mildew. Fantastic flowers Katie and you have all my favorites to boot!!! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...