Monday, December 6, 2010

Cabbage Head



David has several musicians on his mom's side of the family. Saturday evening they all got together to play so we went to see them. They play a lot of old country, and they play this song, Cabbage Head. I believe it's also called 7 Drunken Nights (a longer version). I'm sorry the sound quality isn't better, I recorded it with my camera.

The guitar player all the way to the left is David's cousin, Hank. The one singing the song is Hank's dad, Uncle Ricky. The guitar player second from right is Uncle Ricky's soon to be stepson, and the player all the way to the right is David's Uncle David (Ricky's brother).

Cabbage Head

I came home the other night, so drunk I could not see
And there was a horse standing in the back where my horse's supposed to be.
I called my little wife, come explain this thing to me.
Why is there a horse standing in the back where my horse is supposed to be?

"You fool! You fool! You crazy fool, can't you plainly see?
That's just an old milk cow that momma sent home to me."

I walked this whole world over a hundred times before,
and a milk cow with a saddle I ain't never seen before.

I came home the other night so drunk I could not see
and there was a coat hanging on the hook where my coat's supposed to be.
I called my little wife, come explain this thing to me.
I said why is there a coat hanging on the hook where my coat's supposed to be?

You fool, you fool, you crazy fool! Can't you plainly see?
That's just an old bedsheet that my momma sent home to me.

Well I walked this whole world over a hundred times or more,
but a bedsheet with pockets I ain't never seen before.

I came home the other night so drunk I could not see,
and there was a head laying in the bed where my head's supposed to be.
I called my little wife, come explain this thing to me.
I said why is there a head layin in the bed where my head's supposed to be?

You fool, you fool, you crazy fool. Can't you plainly see?
It's just an old cabbage head that my momma sent home to me.

I walked this whole world over a hundred times or more.
But a cabbage head with a mustache I ain't never seen before.

2 comments:

Becky said...

LOL!! That song is hilarious! I can see why you love going so much. Maybe they can have a music night when I'm there visiting sometime. :)

Dad said...

Katie I love it! lol It reminds me of andy griffin and the family group that used to play on it. :-) I wish I could play the guitar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...