Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's my birthday today! I turn the big 2-9! The last year of my 20s. Scary! My 28th year was amazing, probably my best year yet. I can't wait to see what my 29th year brings!

I wanted to show you some of the wonderful presents I've gotten from my family!

You may remember the goat milk stand my dad made for me! I use this twice a day every day, and I LOVE it. I can't imagine not having one now! Thanks Dad!


My mom made me this lovely little wall quilt. It's entirely hand sewn! You can't see it in the picture, but the stitches are so perfectly tiny! Plus, she stuffed the sheep so they poof out just a bit! I love it, and it looks great hanging in our mudroom so you see it as soon as you come in the house!


My brother gave me this diffuser set. It has three different jars so I can put them all around the house and smell the wonderful apple cinnamon fragrance. I love walking by them so I can smell it. Thanks Chris!


My sister knitted this pillow for me. The ears are 3D! I just love the blocky little sheep and the nice punch of color the pillow gives! Thanks Becky!!


I'm so grateful to have such a great family!! I'm not sure how I'll spend my day today. David teases me and says I think today should be a holiday. That'd be great! Unfortunately for the rest of the world, it's just another day. I have a long meeting at work, but hopefully when I get home we can relax and have fun doing something. I think my birthday present to myself is going to be a stainless steel table I found on Craigslist. I can use it for potting plants, processing chickens, and much more I'm sure!

29! Wow. Exciting!

9 comments:

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITE... if you lived by me I'd give you chickies for your b-day ;)

You have a great family and I can tell they love you alot, very nice b-day gifts!

artsyfish said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad I met you in your 28th year!

Joanne

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Little Sis :) I'm glad you like your pillow :)I think our birthdays should always be considered holidays! That table would be really handy :)

Email me later and I'll tell you how to change the date on your post so it's the 7th instead of 6th. It's super easy.

katiegirl said...

Hey, thanks Becky! I didn't realize it posted under yesterday's date. I figured it out! Never knew I could change that.

Patrick said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it is a great one!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day. I think you will enjoy your 30's just as much.
Kelly

tberry29 said...

Happy Birthday Girl....29, oh how I wish I could say I was 29 again...Hope you enjoyed you day ; )

Dad said...

Katie that was the sweetest post I've ever read. Very nice presents :-) I love you.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Happy Birthday my dear Kakaboo! You deserve all the love and gifts you can get! We are lucky to have you in our lives! You have had a great great year! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...