Monday, April 5, 2010

April Already?!

Wow, it's been 8 days since my last post! I've been pretty busy. My sister (and kids) and my mom came for a visit last week so I didn't have time to blog. We had a great visit and I really miss them already!! I'll post more about the visit later (but click on the link to Becky's blog because she posted a few pictures today). Tonight I wanted to post a quick update on the "twerps" from last post.

If you remember my rant last week, the sheep were busting out of the temporary fencing. Well, this was my fault really. Turns out the fence was grounding out because it was hitting the wire mesh poultry fence, so there was hardly any juice going to the fence itself. I remedied it in a jiffy and we've not had any escaping sheep lately! Hooray!

They've been grazing down the back yard steadily for the past week. Today I fenced in a new area for them on the side yard. It has a ton of grass, so they'll be here for a few days at least. I only bring them out in the temporary paddocks when I'm home, just in case.


They were very happy.


I love hearing them munching away.





Other exciting news....

We're the proud owners of a very nice John Deere 318 garden tractor now! David found a really good deal on this, and we've been desperately needing a mower. We limped along last year on a hand-me-down riding mower but it finally bit the dust. This 318 should last us for many years to come! I even got a free pink John Deere hat. :-)


This little work horse can even run a tiller (it has a three point hitch and a regular pull behind hitch), a front end loader, and a snow plow. Now we've got to save up for implements. :-)

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love your banner pic! Is that the little ewe?
We had so much fun at your house. The animals look so happy munching on their new grass.
Great lawn mower!! Wouldn't it be nice to have a snow plow attachment next year? :)

katiegirl said...

Thanks Becky. Yes, the banner is Poppy the ewe lamb. :-)

Jen said...

Everybody looks happy munching away on the grass =) We got our John Deer riding mower last year, (Dh got the hat) Dh really loves it, we only have 3 acres but a push mower wasnt gonna get it, lol

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love that sweetie pie ewe lamb! Even though she wouldn't let us get near enough to touch her. I love your new mower! You are set now! Love you, Momma Ps- when can we all come back? It was the bestest trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...