Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rabbit Boys

Here are a few pictures of the rabbit boys. None of the rabbits are named, I just call them all Bun-Bun. Maybe one day I'll think up some names. This first guy is my mini-rex. He's really friendly, and loves when I let him out to explore the garage.


He loved running around Tucker.


He's usually pretty good, and will let me catch him pretty easily. I can't decide whether I want to keep him or not. He's very friendly, but he doesn't really fit into my breeding plans.


And here's the big boy, the American Chinchilla/Silver Fox cross. This big boy used to really intimidate me, because he'll growl and jump at me, but now I know to stand up to him, and I've even given him a tap on the nose to get him to straighten up. We kind of have an understanding now.


I think this big boy will make a nice breeder with my new girls, once they're old enough. I can't wait to see what the rabbits will look like.
Link

3 comments:

Tom Stewart said...

Hey,
you have rabbits too.
I will be getting my three breeders and two babies this Friday. One California Doe (the mother of the two babies), One Silver Fox Doe and a Silver Fox Buck.
I plain to breed both Does with the Buck late winter or early spring. They will be meat rabbits and after I get some in my freezer, I will try to sell dressed rabbits to others!
Tom

Becky said...

Those bunny boys are so cute. :) Tucker is funny sniffing them. I can't wait to see what the babies look like. :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love Tucker seeing the bunny! I know what you mean about bunnies intimidating you...it's hard to read them! Good luck with the breeding program. I will eat hasenpfeffer!! (from an old Bugs Bunny cartoon. Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...