This is a super easy recipe, and after I'd made it once the recipe I had it
It puffs up a good bit while baking, but it'll collapse while it cools. We ate ours with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and some maple syrup.
German Pancake Recipe
Preheat oven to 400* F
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
1. Place butter in an 8" cast iron skillet and place in the oven to heat pan and melt butter.
2. Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla in bowl and mix well.
3. Add flour, sugar, and salt and mix until smooth.
4. Remove cast iron pan from the oven (it's HOT! Even the handle!) and pour in batter.
5. Bake for ~18 minutes until browned and puffy.
Then you can wait for it to collapse/cool a tad and serve with syrup, powdered sugar, etc.