Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Mechanic

I have a wonderful hubby.

Since we've moved here not quite 6 months ago, he's helped build a chicken coop, put up a sheep fence, haul a load of hay, process chickens, and till a garden.



He's also put up with getting around 35 laying chickens, 25 broilers, boarding 2 sheep, hauling a buck from NC, and endless hours of sheep/goat/chicken talk from me.

He likes the animals ok, but they're just not his thing.



This is his thing. Working on things. He's good at it, too. He asked me to help him take apart his engine tonight. In the cold, dark, cricket-infested garage.




So I did, because I love him. And even if I'm just fetching wrenches and catching pistons as he pushes them out of the engine and asking a bunch of questions, I like love being with him.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Katie, that's the sweetest post. You guys are lucky to have each other.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

And he stays over an extra day to help his mom in law out of a moving bind!! What a lovely tribute! I am so happy for both of you! Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...