Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good Deals

Last night David and I went to Good Will. He wanted to look for shirts to wear to work, and I wanted to look for wool sweaters for felting. I lucked out and found a few cute sweaters, and a couple of them were on sale! The normal price for shirts is $3.50, which is good. The sale price was $1.75 which was even better!



I really love the one on the right. I sold every single felted sweater purse at the December craft show last year. These will be made into purses (hopefully in the next month or so), and hopefully they'll sell in December too. I just love the detailing on the sweater on the right! The one on the left will make a nice big purse, because it's pretty big.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Great sweaters! I love the one on the right too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the felted purse you made me last year. It's the best purse I've ever had. I love the way it clings to my shoulder when I wear it.

katiegirl said...

Thanks Beck!

Susan said...

I have been gathering thrift store wool sweaters since last spring, intending to make felted mittens (for gifts, for me - and possibly to sell.) I have never felted wool before--do you have any suggestions for great "how-to" resources?

katiegirl said...

Susan- You can check out this blog post...I asked her how she felts her sweaters.

http://feltsewgood.blogspot.com/2009/08/thrifty-shopping-trip.html.

I asked her how she did hers in the comments, and she commented back.

I usually just google if I need to find something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...