Monday, March 2, 2015

The First Lamb!

The first lamb of the year has been born!  Of course the ewe waited until 9pm on Sunday (March 1), after I was home all weekend, but hey, I guess she can't exactly schedule it either.

















Dixie had a single ram lamb, same as last year. Once again, she had a textbook perfect lambing.  The lamb was up and nursing within a half hour.
















I sat and watched them for a while, and the cats watched with me.
















I set up the heat lamp for him, because it is still pretty cold.
















Here's a short video shortly after the little guy was born.  So cute!


2 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad the delivery was smooth and he's up and doing well! :)

3 Dogs Barking Farms said...

What a cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...