Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sad, Sad Day

The pig seemed like she was improving so much, but this afternoon she took a turn for the worse.  Every now and then, she seemed to have a small seizure episode, but this afternoon she was having them one after the other. She'd seize up for about 30 seconds, then she would be ok for a minute or two. Then it would start all over again.  She was exhausted and miserable, and I decided it was time to euthanize her.  She was miserable, and I didn't want to prolong the misery waiting to see if it would stop or if there was something I could do to treat her.

So, David humanely euthanized her and we buried her in the back yard.  I had gotten really attached to that little pig, so it was really hard to make that decision, but there's no doubt in my mind it was the right one.  I think she had more issues than I first realized.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry, Katie. You worked so hard to save that piggy but she was so sick. You sure gave her the best life this past week and I know she was grateful to have you care for her when she felt so sick. (((HUGS)))

Mark said...

Very sorry to hear it Katie. Know that every little hug and snuggle you gave her was the best she'd ever had and she'll carry with her forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...