Friday, March 6, 2015

Darla Came Through!

I was really hoping Darla would lamb before I left for the knitting retreat, and she did!  She had twins at 3:00 AM.   I was so happy she lambed, I didn't even care about being up in the middle of the night.  Now David won't have one more thing to worry about while I'm away.

She had twins, a ewe and a ram.  Since both heat lamps are in use, I made little coats for them out of some thick felt fabric I had. They work great!



















I also made coats for Bean's twin ewe lambs, born yesterday. They seemed chilled even with the heat lamp.
















Dixie and her ram lamb got moved out to the "hog pen" behind the barn, and I moved Barley in with them for company. She's due to lamb fairly soon, but I don't think it will be before I get back on Sunday evening (knock on wood).


















I wanted to share a couple of pictures of Rocky, the rabbit. He has been free in the barn for the past several weeks.  He finds ways to entertain himself, like harassing the does. He likes to climb on top of under the cages.
















And when he gets tired he curls up next to Tucker under the heat lamp.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...