Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This and That



This afternoon I went out on the deck to take some pictures for my Gardener's Soap sets.  As soon as I sat down on the deck, Tucker came over and layed right down in front of me.  He thinks any time I'm at his level it means I want to have him in my lap.



















It's hard to resist a face like this, though!
















David bought me the bird feeder on the left as a Christmas present.  It's by far my favorite present of the year.  My brother and his girlfriend got me a Tractor Supply gift certificate for my birthday (in early April) and I got a thistle sock to add to my bird feeding area.  I've already got Goldfinches!  And I put out a suet feeder with nesting material.  I hope to have lots of birds all season long. 
















Here's my mini-greenhouse experiment.  I wanted to plant some baby bok choy, but I'm not very good at keeping teensy seeds like that watered if I plant them in the main garden.  I figured I'd plant them in the window box right on the deck, so I see them every time I go outside.  I'm leaving the plastic wrap on until they germinate, then I'll take it off.  I figured it'll keep the soil warm and moist so the seeds have a better chance. 


















And check out what David made me!  He carved these utensils by hand, out of chunks of poplar his coworker gave him.  I love them!  They're his first carvings, and I think they're great!  I hope to use them for many years to come. 



















Both of my does (rabbits) are hopefully pregnant and due any time now.  Hopefully I'll be posting baby rabbit pictures soon!

2 comments:

Kim said...

those are great kitchen utensils!

Becky said...

Wow!!!! Those utensils David carved are amazing!!!
I love your idea of covering the planter with plastic wrap. :) Your house is going to be the favorite place for birds! :) Good luck with the rabbits! I can't wait to see baby bunny pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...