Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sailing the High Seas


We bought a boat!  We are surrounded by water here on the Eastern Shore of MD, so we wanted to get a boat so we'd have a fun hobby this summer.  We like fishing, but it's depressing fishing from the shore because we can't seem to get anything good.  Plus, Maryland is famous for our blue crabs, and they're expensive to buy so we'll hopefully be able to catch our own from now on!  
We found this 16' boat and it's perfect for us.  It's big enough for us and the kids to fit comfortably, but still small enough to be affordable (to both purchase and run) and maneuverable.  

David's Dad had a boat when David was younger, but my family didn't have a boat so I'm a little nervous on it.  I need to get my sea legs!  I've only been on boats a handful of times, usually in relatives' boats when we go camping.  It's exciting to have our very own one!

We took it out in the river today for a very short ride, mainly to make sure everything works.  
















What a view!

















This picture cracks me up.  I'm being crazy and David looks so serious.  Really he's just squinting because he didn't have sunglasses. 

I can't wait to take the boat out for an actual fishing trip!  I'm imaging lots of fresh fish and crab this summer, and hopefully a good bit in the freezer too!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I can't wait to take a ride on the boat! You guys are going to have so much fun with it this summer! It looks like a great boat! :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

You are going to have a great time with your new boat!! I sure wish we could have had one for the lake all those years of camping! What a fun activity for you guys! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...