Friday, December 2, 2011

A $2 Deal

I've been looking for something to display my soaps at the craft show so I went to our local auction a few weeks ago. The auction is huge, and you can find anything there. A lady next to me had just bought a whole lot of "stuff", and I noticed this little shelf in the pile. I asked her if she'd be willing to sell it, and she sold it to me for $2. It looked a little rough, and I didn't need the mugs, but I thought it had potential.



I took it home and started cleaning it up.


I took off the door and all the hardware and cleaned it up. I figured it'd be pretty cute with a coat of paint, so I painted it the same color as my kitchen.


It's just about the perfect size, and for $2 I think it worked out perfectly! In the future I may need to move up to something bigger, but for now it's just right.
Link

4 comments:

Becky said...

Great job seeing the lovely shelf hidden in that little dark case. I love the soft green color. Good luck tomorrow!

Kim said...

Love it!

Dad said...

Awesome job Katie! It's perfect.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT Katie!! The color is tre' chique!!! I hope I spelled that right!! he he What a great bargain and the perfect touch for homemade soaps! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...