Sunday, November 13, 2011

Feeling Froggy?

Tonight I could not find my size 8 double pointed knitting needles, so I searched and searched and finally found them....in a hat I had yet to cast off. I knit this hat twice. I started it in August, and knit the hat on the size needles called for in the pattern (I think 10s?). The hat just didn't turn out like I wanted it to. The stitches were too open. I have been wanting the perfect hat for a while now, and I was hoping it would be this hat.


It's knit out of baby alpaca yarn, which is so so soft. I re-knit it on size 8 needles, and I still am not very happy with it. Perhaps it's just not the right yarn for this pattern. I'm thinking I need to frog it again and maybe make a cowl out of the yarn. After all, I can't really feel the super soft yarn through my hair, but I'm thinking my neck would appreciate a nice soft cowl come winter.


I do love the cables though. My first second cables (since I knit the hat twice!). I'll keep looking for the perfect yarn for the pattern.

3 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I vote for a cowl!! It is pretty yarn! Good luck! Love you, Momma

Becky said...

Those cables are beautiful! I agree though that it's too open. I think a cowl would be perfect! :) With yarn that nice, it'd be a shame to settle for anything but amazing! :)

Jen said...

I love the cables... wish I knew how to crochet them. I think the hat is cute & the yarn would make a very pretty cowl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...