Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Will You Sponsor?


My Aunt Linda is an avid knitter and she emailed me today with a very cool project she's working on. It's called Knit for the Cure which will raise money for Susan G. Koman For the Cure. The Knitting Corner, a yarn shop in Virginia Beach, Virginia is donating pink and white yarn for knitters to knit squares for an afghan.

Aunt Linda will decide how many 8" afghan squares she can knit (up to 10) between now and October 31st. She's in need of sponsors who would like to donate money. Each sponsor decides how much money they'd like to pledge per square knitted. For example, if someone pledges to donate $1 per square and she knits 10 squares, that would be a total of $10 from that sponsor.

During the next year, the knitted squares will have the name of a breast cancer survivor or victim sewn on it. The squares will then be knitted into an afghan and raffled off for the proceeds to benefit Susan G. Komen For the Cure.

Click here to watch the video about this.

If you have a name you'd like sewn on a square, please let me know and I'll pass it along to my Aunt Linda, no obligation to donate needed.

I'm going to be a sponsor. Will you join me? There's no donation too small! If you're interested, please let me know either through comments or by email. Aunt Linda will let me know how many squares she knits. After that, I'll collect the checks (made out to Susan G. Komen For the Cure) and mail them to Aunt Linda.

2 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I want to go in on it with you Katie! I think it's a great idea!! Love you, Momma

Linda said...

Thanks for posting this Katie. So far have 3 1/2 squares knit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...