Friday, February 28, 2014

Darla's Lambs


















Darla waited for me to leave for work this morning, and then decided she wanted to go ahead and have her lambs.  Luckily I saw her on my barn camera I have set up (only during the work days or when there's something going on out there) and was able to come home to make sure everything was ok.  Darla is an experienced ewe, but even experienced ewes can't push out lambs who aren't situated properly.

She had twins, the ram lamb was 11 lbs and the ewe lamb was 12 lbs. These lambs are purebred Southdowns, but they're much darker than normal.  Perhaps they'll fade as they grow.

































Now I've got 2 ewes left to lamb, and then the 2 goats are due in a couple of weeks.


2 comments:

Becky said...

It was so much fun watching them being born on the barn camera! Thank you for sharing that with us, Katie :) You were so calm and ready to help Darla and she trusts you completely. I was so proud watching you in action! Great job Darla and Katie!! :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What wonderful lambs! Bean's two are huge!! I love how well all your Ewe's did this year!! Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...