Sunday, February 5, 2012

My First Fair Isle

I've never tried Fair Isle knitting before, but this morning while I was washing my hair I got a brilliant idea. I had the idea that I should not only try Fair Isle for the first time today, but I should also make my own pattern! I figured it couldn't be that hard, since I only wanted to do simple hearts around a coffee cozy.

I got out the graph paper (well, printed it from a free graph paper website- you can find anything online!) and drew up a chart. Then I got to work knitting. I had to watch a Youtube video to see how to carry the second yarn (I watched my Aunt Linda show my sister, but forgot).

Pretty soon I had this:


I was pretty excited! But then I felted it, since my coffee cozies are knit bigger than the coffee cups. The hearts got a bit distorted, and they even resemble lips.


I'm going to change up the pattern just a tad and see how it felts.


Hopefully I'll have a couple cozies in the shop soon!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Great job! I love it... hearts or lips! Very cute :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Those 'lips' are too funny! Good job making them! I just can't imagine knitting...too hard for me but you and Becky make it look almost easy!! Love, Momma

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I keep forgetting to compliment you on your banner photo. It's just gorgeous Katie! The colors are so deep and clear! Love that night sky! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...