Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kid Watch

June is due to kid any day now. Goats' gestation length is an average of 148-150 days, but they can kid anywhere from day 145 to 155. Day 150 for June is February 14th, so really she could go any day now. I've been keeping a close eye on her udder, since I know when I see her udder really bag up, she's close to kidding.

This picture was taken on Tuesday morning.


And this picture was taken yesterday afternoon. Her udder hasn't changed much, but you can really see the kids have dropped and her belly is much lower than it was before. I'm hoping that means she'll go in the next couple of days!


You can see how much her udder bags up from this pic of the night she kidded last year.


I bought a video baby monitor from Walmart so I could see what's going on in the barn while I'm inside the house. It's much easier to do night time checks if I can just roll over and look at a monitor instead of getting out of bed and bundling up to go outside!

This morning I'm going to clean out the barn pen so I can have it ready for her. Hopefully we'll have some kids soon!Link
Link

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until her babies arrive. I'll be watching your blog for updates. GOOD LUCK!

Becky said...

Wow! You can really tell those babies have dropped. I can't wait to see them! :) I'm crossing my fingers for Valentine's babies!!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Sweet 'little' June! I am so glad women don't have to walk around with a giant udder!! She must be carrying gorgeous kids! What a great gal she is! Love and hugs, Momma

Jen said...

Cant wait to see the babies...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...