Sunday, August 7, 2011

Timmy and Tillie

A few days ago I saw an ad for Royal Palm turkeys on Craigslist. The price was great, and it was for a male/female pair, so I called but the man told me they were already spoken for. The next night he called and said the person was a no-show, and if I wanted them they were mine. The next day I picked them up after work. He'd already named them Timmy and Mattie (Matilda), but I changed Mattie to Tillie since it was easier for me to remember.


They're nice looking birds and I'm so glad I was able to get them.



After a few turkey-spats with my Buffs, they all settled in nicely.



My goal is to have a breeding pair of Buffs and Royal Palms next spring so I can hatch and sell poults.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Pretty pair!

Unknown said...

So are these two the ones you will breed? I know this sounds silly and 'novice', but what is their meat like?

Becky said...

Beautiful turkeys! I love their colors! :) Tillie goes much better with Timmie.

Little Rooster Croft said...

You know I am on that list for Royal Palm poults! :-)

And to Allison, it is very good meat...very tender but flavorful, they are a smaller breed of turkey but the richness of their meat makes up for it!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

How awesome Katie!!! They are really pretty!! I am so glad you were able to get them!! Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...