Monday, August 22, 2011

Bear With Me

The past week has been a little hectic at our house. After a summer of almost zero rainfall, it seems we're catching up now. Last Sunday we had almost 12 inches of rain. Our sump pump in our basement failed and we woke up to find 2 inches of water on the floor. It's unnerving seeing your things floating in water inside your house. Luckily it was only 2", as all our appliances were spared. The carpet had to be torn out and unfortunately our Wii was waterlogged as well. Since the computer was in the basement, it was unplugged and moved. We haven't had a chance to hook it back up yet.

We're still trying to figure out what to do about replacing the carpet. It looks like replacement costs will be about equal to what our deductible would be if we filed an insurance claim. I hope things get back to normal soon, and hopefully we'll have time to hook the computer back up in the next day or two. I have a lot of catching up to do! I need to blog about our vacation (that we took a month ago!) and I need to blog about the rest of the fair (which includes the sheep show and a tractor pull!).

In the meantime, I wanted to share a few pictures I snapped with my cell phone camera.

I took this one Friday night while David and I went to Lowe's. The storm clouds were unbelievable. I wish I had been able to take a panoramic picture of the whole sky.


I took this one last week just before I got home. That crazy big cloud system was hanging right over our house.


We have lots of big open skies in our area and I love being able to see the clouds.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes - sorry to hear about your flooding :( We too had to purchase a new sump pump this season.

I hope all is back to normal for you soon!

Little Rooster Croft said...

Sorry to hear about the flooding! I know we need the rain...but goodness! It is crazy harvest time.. no time for household malfunctions too! Hope it all gets fixed easily and cheaply!

Becky said...

I'm so sorry about your flooding. I hope things will get settled for you soon. Oh yeah, we need to blog about Pigeon Forge! I keep forgetting!

Jen said...

Pretty storm clouds... sorry to hear your goin through all that with the storms & floodin. Hope things get back to normal for ya soon.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Beautiful cloud formations! Mark loved Dallas for the same reasons - he could see the big sky! I am sorry about the flooding in the house. I started to say 'when it rains, it pours' but that would be rude wouldn't it? I am proud how you both handled it and I hope it never happens again. Take good care hon. Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...