Friday, August 13, 2010

The Results Are In!

I went to the fair and got our results! The kids drawings both got a participation ribbon!



My "kitchen arrangement" got a second place! First place was the cute little frying pan arrangement on the left.


My minature arrangement got a first!!! I didn't even want to enter it, but Becky said I should. I'm glad I did!




My group of 3 hen ornaments got a second, and my single penguin ornament got a first!





My nest ring and hair pin got third. The first and second place jewelry was really beautiful, but I didn't get a picture.

My knitted item in the "other" category got a third. Not bad!






This was the item that got first place in the knitted "other" category. It was so cute!!!








My hat and mittens got a third. Not bad for my first mittens!







Here's the lovely scarf that got first in that category. It was so delicate.










The raisin cookies that Becky and I made got first! That recipe is a keeper!











My applebutter got first!











As did my applesauce!!




My jerky got third!


And drumroll please!!!! My turkey picture got......




NOTHING!!! Darn it!











This was the winning "Animal" picture in the digital category.













A few other items I entered, including the dried peppers and tomatoes and the canned venison didn't place. I think they put comments on the back of the cards, so I'm curious to read them!
All in all, I'm really happy!! It was so much fun entering, and now I'll have a little spending money too!
And please excuse my format today. Apparently Blogger doesn't like IE7.

8 comments:

tberry29 said...

congratulations...you did great girl! I would be so proud of myself if I was you...awesome job!

Becky said...

Great job! You should be very proud. I'm sorry your great turkey picture didn't place. Now that you have it printed it should hang in your mudroom so you can see that cute face when you come in each day!
Great job, Katie!

Beth said...

What fun! And congratulations!

And for the record, i like your turkey picture better than the fox. =)

Jen said...

WoW... Way To Go!!! You did great.

Kim said...

Good job, Katiegirl! You have inspired me to enter our county fair next month. I have never done anything like that. It would be fun.

Beth said...

Our county fair is at the end of next month. I've been reading about the rules and divisions and whatnot. I'm so excited! I'm definitely going to have to enter at least one thing - but hopefully several. Thank you for inspiring me. I'm a little giddy. =D

katiegirl said...

Thanks everyone!!

And good luck, Kim and Beth!!! Let us know how it goes!!! It really is so much fun!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

You did really great hon and I am glad the kids got a participation ribbon - maybe they'll be bitten by the fair bug also! I am very proud of all you entered. Thatsa lotta 'stupfs' Katie girl!! I think your turkey picture is still fantastic hon! I think it's a great picture for a xmas card! Maybe with the quote "You want a piece of this?" he he Congrats sweetie! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...