Monday, January 6, 2014

Polar Vortex..

Sounds pretty intimidating...a polar vortex.  Here on the east coast, we're getting frigid temps tonight through Wednesday morning.  They're saying it's the coldest weather we've had in 20 years.  That's just crazy. 

I made sure all the animals outside had fresh bedding and lots of hay.  I decided to bring the goats in the barn since they don't have as much protection (wool) as the sheep.  I'm pretty sure they're happy to be in the barn. Of course I had to give them each their own hay feeder because June decided she couldn't share with Ida.

Ida
 
















June
















I hung a heat lamp for Tucker and he loves it. 

















I love winter, and I like cold weather, but I'm not sure I love polar vortexes....

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your animals are so lucky to have you protect them against this crazy cold weather. They all look very warm :)
I think I'm ready for our typical winter temperatures now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...