Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cold

It has been cold lately, colder than normal.  Here are some pictures of what goes on here when it's really cold.

Snuggling dogs














Yesterday morning before work I filled up the bird feeder and added 2 suet cakes (made by my mom-she makes the best suet).  When I got home the feeder was totally empty!  I refilled the seed, but they'll have to wait on suet...I'm out.
















"Where's the suet?"
















The sheep don't really care about the snow.  As you can see from their backs, they lay out in it.
















The chickens aren't happy, but they're surviving.
















There's lots of ice busting going on.  I love these black rubber bowls for water in the winter.  I can turn them over and stomp on them to break the ice out, with no damage to the bowl.
















Sometimes the eggs freeze before I can get home from work to collect them.
















And this is now David and Elmer snuggle, except usually Elmer's head is tucked down near David's shoulder.
















I checked the 10 day forecast and we're not supposed to get above freezing until maybe January 31st.  It's going to be a long 10 days!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Brrrr!!! Looks like your animals are cozy though. :) Stay warm!!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I had an egg freeze yesterday! I guess I should have realized they could! Stay warm all you peeps and animals! Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...