Wednesday, August 21, 2013

E's Tiger


I knitted this tiger for a friend of mine.  Actually I was knitting it for her sister, who was very ill.  Someone gave her a stuffed tiger and she liked the symbolic strength of the tiger.  I had only met her sister in person once, but I wanted to do something.  I felt really badly about her illness, because I couldn't imagine losing a sibling.  Plus, her sister was way too young to be so ill.  I wasn't sure what I could do, so I knitted a tiger for her.  I tried to knit quickly, so I could hurry up and get it to her, but I finished too late.  Her sister passed away before I could her tiger finished.  I sent it anyways, because I thought my friend might like to have it. 







The pattern is Toy Tiger in Cotton, from the Australian Womens' Weekly, dated November 23, 1966.

2 comments:

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

What a cutie pie Tiger. It was so nice of you to do it and I hope it gives your friend a happy reminder of her brave sister. Love you, Momma

Becky said...

I love the tiger. :) I'm sure your friend appreciates such a sweet gift. I like his stripes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...