Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Some Wooly Works

The craft show I plan on attending is coming up quickly! It's June 18th, which means I have less than 2 weeks to get everything ready! I've been trying to felt stuff in my free time, which is usually in the evenings when David and I sit down to watch some TV. I've made a few things lately and wanted to share them with you.

This little sheep is made with Purl's wool (just the sheep's body).


There's a pretty big demand for primitive type decorative stuff in this area, so I wanted to make a few things with that feel.


And I love doing sunsets and sillhouettes.



I like this one a lot.



But this one (below) is my favorite. I just love the way it turned out.





I have been selling my crafts under the name "Katiegirl" for a while now, but I think it's time for a change. I'd like to start making and selling goat milk soap, and I wanted a name that could incorporate the wool/felting/knitting side of my craft stuff as well as the goat milk soap. I think I've settled on a name....Purl and June. I'm working with a friend to come up with a logo and business cards for the craft show (well, she's doing much of the work...she's really good at this stuff!). I can't wait to get it all finalized so I can share it with you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh wow those are really cool :)

Anonymous said...

(From Becky - Google won't let me sign in)

Katie! They're fantastic!! Just when I think you can't make one any more beautiful, you create that last one! It's amazing! It is truly a work of art! I love how fine and crisp the fence is in the front! I love all those cute sheep in the field too.
I love the primitive tree one too. Very cool. The silhouettes are very pretty too. Great job! I hope they sell very well!
I love the new name too!

Kim said...

So cute, Katie! I like the name Purl and June only I think I would use a & sign or maybe 'n. Just a thought. Goat milk soap will be great!

katiegirl said...

Thanks Kim! And yes, I'm using the & sign. I found a really great font and can't wait to get the cards done! :-)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Katie - I am in awe of your art! I love the one Becky loves also but all of them are amazing! You put so much into them and it shows. You are truly an artist! I hope you do well at the craft fair. Excellent work my sweetie! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...