Sunday, October 24, 2010

Elmer and Buford Go to Town

A couple of weekends ago David and I took Elmer and Buford to town for a little socialization. We admit we've been a little lax about making sure to bring Elmer around other people and dogs, and we wanted to try to start early with Buford. We decided to take them into town to the Farmer's Market that's held every Saturday. There are always a lot of people and dogs there.

Elmer is learning to sit patiently while waiting to cross the street.


They decided to go up the steps of this pretty church.


Buford was a good boy. He's pretty young, so he just went right along with everything.


There were so many sights, sounds, and smells David took Elmer for a little "time out" to relax and watch everything.


I tried to get a good picture of them sitting together, but that was harder than I thought it'd be. Elmer, look over here Bub.


Buford, sit!


This was the best I could get.


On the way back we stopped by this flowerbed (on public property) to take a few pictures.




I think if we did this another few times Elmer will settle right in and relax a bit. They both did a great job though, and people loved them!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Nice post, cute pics. Its great you are socializing them, we've always done this with our dogs too :)

Becky said...

Look at those good boys! I love the picture of Elmer with David kneeling beside him. Elmer looks so tough! The mastiff in him really shows in that picture. The picture of Buford laying down in front of the flowers is great! I had to laugh at the picture of the two of them because Elmer has his butt tucked in. He cracks me up when he sits like that because it totally ruins his tough guy look. :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Gosh I want to hold and kiss Buford! He just is so very cute!!! Elmer looks so good with David - a natural pair! I am so happy you are socializing them. I didn't do enough with Mia but she sure loves family! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...