Sunday, May 11, 2014

Busy Weekend!

Snapped this pic of the moon the other night, and I was surprised I can actually make out some of the craters!  I wish I had a bigger zoom lens!















Egg wash...the other meaning.















Devin planted his peach tree and watered it in well with some fish gut fertilizer.  That stuff stinks, but the plants love it. 






























Kylee's blueberry bushes are loaded with fruit!















The potato towers are ready for another level of compost. I just need to get a bale of straw so I can line the sides (so the compost won't fall out). 















Onions on the right, then broccoli and cabbage, then the dark row of soil is where the green beans are planted.















Baby spinach















Baby peas















I didn't start many seeds this year, but I did start some tomatoes, basil, marigold, and nasturtiums.















Why are basil seedlings so darned cute?















 Here's Nessarose.  She was one of June's doe kids last year, and she was leased out over the winter to a neighbor. She kidded in April and is now back here.  Since I don't *need* 3 does in milk, I'm going to sell her, but I'll be sad to see her go. 























June spent some time with the horsey tire swing.  Then she nibbled it. 















I taught Kylee how to play Solitaire. 















I've been practicing spinning (yarn) on the drop spindle.  It's harder than it looks on youtube!  My first attempt was on the spindle to the right, then I switched to the one on the left. 















We went on a picnic for Mother's Day.  We had a blast!












































































































































1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great weekend you guys had!!! I love all the pictures! Looks like your garden is off to a great start! :) Nessa is a pretty girl and looks a lot like June, I think. :)
Your Mother's day picnic looked like a lot of fun! Great pictures of you and the kids!
Happy Mother's Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...