Monday, April 14, 2014

New 'Do

Buford is some sort of terrier mix, and he has the wiry, long hair that comes with most terriers. He picks up ticks like you would not believe.  I've already found 2 on him this season.  It was time for a shave!  I clipped him last year and it really helped cut down on the number of ticks he picked up.

Yesterday was the perfect warm sunny day for dog clipping, but I got a little surprise when I ran those clippers down him.  He's a color changing dog!  :-)

Before (he's the black one)
















And after!
















I knew he had some agouti coloring, where each individual hair has different color "bands" on it, but had no idea he would turn this blonde!  And check out his back leg....that's hair is all the same length. I hope he eventually turns black again, because I like him darker, but he's at least fun to look at now!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow!! How wild!!! That's really neat how he changed color like that! That's good that his hair cut helps keep ticks off. He looks very cute... and strong! Look at those muscles!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Now that's some wild hair color hiding under there!!! He looks faded......... hehe don't tell him because I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. Love, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...