Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ramalamadingdong



This is the ram I'm borrowing this year. I've only got Darla (she's in my header) to breed this year, so I didn't want to buy a ram. Luckily the breeder who sold me Darla lent me one of his ram lambs for as long as I needed him. I lucked out! This ram is a nice boy. He's a lamb, born in February or March of this year. He's big! And yes, he does have a second ear. ;-) I cannot WAIT for lambing time!!!

After seeing how big this guy is, and realizing how much easier it would be to have just one breed of sheep, I'm sort of considering selling my two crossbred ewe lambs and buying one other Southdown ewe. We'll see. I'm not in a rush to make any decisions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little sister's first reaction? "Omigosh, where's it's other ear?!" I assured her that he did have both, he was just being a silly ram.

Jen said...

Pretty boy... I've got to look into findin me a boy goat to breed my girls sometime. This is all new to me.

Becky said...

He's such a handsome ram! He'll help make beautiful lambs for sure! Your title cracked me up! I'm glad he's a nice boy. :)

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

He is gorgeous and I hope he and Darla make great lambs together! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...