Monday, July 11, 2011

Is It Fall Yet?



I thought I'd share a recent picture of Ida (left) and June. I have been pretty busy lately and have been neglecting my blog. Tonight I didn't get inside from my chores until 9. I was busy piddling around and getting things done that I've been putting off. I was drenched in sweat and felt so gross. It's been so hot and humid lately and tonight the low is 80*. It's nights like this I am thankful I'm not Amish. Seriously, I don't know how they do it.

I've been downsizing a bit around here and it feels pretty good. I sold my two ram lambs, gave Purl to some friends, and sold my guineas. I couldn't take their noise anymore (the guineas, that is). Plus they always chased the chickens and turkeys and I didn't want to put up with that rudeness around here. It's so quiet and peaceful now. I still have to sell Brutus, the buck kid. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later. Oh yeah, and I just gave 10 leftover chicks to a friend of mine. Fewer mouths to feed and less time spent outside on these miserable days.

Hopefully I'll have something interesting to talk about soon, but until then enjoy the goat picture! :-)

4 comments:

Jen said...

They are so pretty. Its so hot out I dont see how the Amish do it either, I run outside do what I gotta do then run back inside to cool off... feels so good, lol. I bet it doesnt feel good to downsize, I've been thinkin of doin the same thing lately... some of my chickens & the ducks can fly over the runs & barnyard, then they sneak to the garden & have been eatin our green tomatoes, Dh is havin a fit. So I'm think I may sell my muscovies & maybe when I get back into ducks get pekins (they dont fly), today I'm pickin up a roll of that plastic construction netting & we are gonna cover a small run to put the flyers in tonight for now...

Kelly said...

I know what you mean. I need to downsize too. I guess that will happen in the fall with the ram lambs. Hope you get a cool breeze to make life easier.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

It must feel good to downsize and allow yourself more time inside. I can't imagine how you do chores for hours a day in this heat!! You know I always admired the Amish/Mennonite community but I think it lost it's romance for me when I considered losing electricity and all that stands for (internet,TV, air conditioning) and the fact that you can't choose your own path: Art is not valued. And lordy knows I didn't want to have oodles of children until I was menopausal. Sheesh! :-) Your goat girlies are gorgeous!! Good job Katie!! Love you, Momma

Kitty said...

I love the pic. I am not downsizing...seems I am the only one! LOL But I have certain goals by the fall and then I hope to be in a routine and have everyone established before school starts again!

I love having the bounty of summer (fresh veggies,babies born,etc) but I am looking forward to the fall too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...