Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Goat Clipping

This evening I showed Devin how to wash Ida so he (we) could clip her to get ready for the county fair. Things started out well...


But you know how dramatic goats are. She had to throw a tantrum.


He got her settled down and finished her bath. Have I mentioned how incredibly easy it is bathing goats vs. sheep? Man, it is easy! Not that bathing sheep is hard, it's just wooly. Very wooly.


Once Ida dried, Devin started clipping her. He was pretty comfortable with it and did a really good job. She's not completely done, but we did 75% of the work.


Kylee kept her happy by feeding her leaves while Devin worked.


They make a good team!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! I had to laugh at how you said how dramatic goats are - lol!

Mary Ann said...

I am still trying to learn all I can about goats, and Devin seemed to be doing a great job! Good for him for clipping and bathing, and I hope they do great at the fair!

Jen said...

Gotcha some good lil helpers :)

Becky said...

Great job, Devin!! and great job Kylee for keeping Ida busy. :) I love that you're involving them with the animals. It's such a great experience for kids (human and goat alike. LOL).

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

I love those photos! It's so good that both of them have this chance. I am impressed that you are teaching them to do the cleaning and trimming also!! You are a good momma, Katie! Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...