Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 216 Catch Up

I'm writing this post in December, but I want to catch up on this year's blog since I haven't blogged since June.  Here's a wrap-up post for the rest of May:

I built a brooder pen for the chicks in the barn.  It is 4 panels that come apart for easy storage.  

















I did some fleece washing in the kitchen, doing smaller batches in the sinks and some plastic tubs.  David said hte kitchen smelled like sheep, like there is something wrong with that? Ha!
Different stages of washing, rinsing, and drying. 

I made a few dizzes out of polymer clay.  A diz is something used to take fiber off of a drum carder. You can see a video of one in use here.  


I came home from work one day and found a half dead raccoon in the yard.  I thought it was dead, until I poked it with a stick.  I figured it may be rabid, so I put an x-pen (wire panels to make a circle) around it to keep the other animals away.  I called the health department in our county, and they sent someone out to collect it.  Turns out it was rabid, so we had to get rabies boosters for all of our dogs and cats, even though they were up to date on their vaccinations, just in case they had any contact with it.














Buford knows how to get comfortable on the couch!
David built a clothesline for us.  Kylee got in on some photo bomb action.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...