Thursday, April 28, 2016

Random Stuff















The sky was crazy one day a few weeks ago.















The kids 4-H club glazed ceramic piggy banks during their last meeting. The piggy banks will be fired and returned next meeting.















There's a bulk foods store near us that sells cereal marshmallows.  Cereal marshmallows in popcorn....a great invention!















We met some friends for dinner one night recently and had some delicious sushi.

























I voted in the primary election. Yay for voting!















We split a beef with a few friends and this is one of the steaks. The thing was HUGE.  David and I each got about 2 meals from it.







































The crop plane flew something over the fields next to our house, so I got a few good pictures.

I filled up the incubator with some eggs from my friend's hens and some from mine.  I was really excited to hatch these, because they are mostly Marans eggs (some Black Copper, some Blue Copper, Cuckoo, and Birchen).  
The eggs that weren't fertile or developing were tossed out, and the remaining eggs got put into compartments to keep the breeds separate.  Unfortunately, I didn't make the walls high enough and the chicks that are currently hatching (7 so far) are hopping all around like the cardboard is just a minor inconvenience.  

Kylee was sitting on the counter this afternoon, watching the eggs hatching and the chicks bopping around.  

I ordered these chicks (above) from the local feed store.  I got an assortment: 6 Ameraucanas, 5 Welsummers, 2 Speckled Sussex, and 2 Cochins.  The Cochins came in an assortment of colors, and I was so excited that there were 2 blues available. I've wanted Blue Cochins for a long time, so I scooped those two up so fast!  Some of these chicks are going to a friend, and I think I may end up selling some, because I'm running out of room in my coop!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oooo... cereal marshmallows in popcorn! What a great idea! Cool crop duster pictures! Those chicks are so cute!! I hope the rest of your chicks hatch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...