Sunday, June 29, 2014

Road Trip: Part 1

A couple of weeks ago David and I took a road trip with a couple of friends of ours.  We were headed to Florida, to attend a wedding of some friends of ours.  We decided to stop in Savannah on our way down, and spend the night there.

It is about 10 hours from Maryland to Savannah, so we left at 4 AM Thursday morning to head down. We got to town around 2pm, and checked into our hotel for a bit of a rest before we went sight-seeing.  We had a 7:15 reservation at The Lady & Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant.
















I didn't expect the restaurant to be a three story part of this building.  It's pretty big inside.

We spent some time looking around the gift shop before dinner.















After dinner we walked around a bit, and headed to the river walk.  There was a little square, called Johnson Square. Since my maiden name is Johnson, I had to take a picture with the sign.




















































There was a really neat plant that caught my attention, so I had to get a picture (this is a theme for the whole trip).





























The river walk area was so neat. There were shops everywhere, musicians on the corners, artists set up to paint people, and a pretty view of the river.




























































This is Marc and Amanda, our traveling buddies.















WWII Memorial















A fancy honey shop...













































And on the way back to our truck, we saw a horse and cart.  I managed to catch the horse relieving himself....oops.  :-)
















We only had one night in Savannah, and there was so much we didn't get to see. I'd love to go back and spend an entire week there!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Savannah! :) Great pics!!

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Oh, that is on my Bucket List!! What a neat city and I can't wait to visit it! What a fun trip you had!! I love it! Hugs, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...