Monday, April 4, 2011

Garden Wake-Up

I meant to finish this post last week, but life just got in the way! I planted a few things in the small garden. I planted some onion sets (white and yellow onions) inbetween rows of other things to hopefully not waste any space. I planted broccoli and cauliflower seedlings, which were nibbled on by some critter (rabbit? chickens? who knows) the next day. They're fenced in now, so hopefully they'll recover. Inbetween rows of seedlings I planted some spinach seeds and green onion seeds. And more onion sets. After I got everything planted the weather turned cool and wet. I haven't seen any spinach seeds sprouting, so I may have to replant those. Hopefully this weather will warm up just enough to help everything start growing!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Great job getting such an early start! My seeds have taken a lot longer to germinate since the weather turned so cool but they're finally starting. Hopefully your broccoli will recover. Darn those rabbits!

Toni aka irishlas said...

The important thing is you've started! I've got seedlings indoors, but, nothing in the ground yet.

Jen said...

Happy Gardening... I pray we have a good season.

Deb Johnson, Quiltbeeme said...

Way to go Katie! I miss not having good space for a garden. It looks like you have a great start. Don't give up on the spinach yet... Love you, Momma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...