Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dawn's Early Light

I love winter (or late fall) mornings.  There's something so nice about getting up when it's still dark and going to do chores while the sun is starting to rise.  The light is beautiful, the air is crisp, and the frost crunches on the ground when I walk.  The animals are all snuggly and warm, and I love waking them up to eat.  I love hearing them munch on their hay, I love breaking the frozen water troughs, and I love knowing they're all taken care of and have plenty of food for the cold morning. 


















The chicken coop is lit up in the mornings now.  I have been getting only an egg every other day, and I've got 21 hens that should be laying.  I am trying a coop light to see if I can trick them into thinking the days are longer.  It's on a timer and comes on at 4 AM and goes off at 7 AM.  Hopefuly it works. 

















Sorry for the blurry picture, but the full moon was so pretty this morning.

















After I get the animals fed, I head off to work.  I love the drive to work.  It's about 18 miles from home to work, and I don't have a single stoplight or stop sign on my way to the office.  The route is a rural one past beautiful flat farm land. 




































































I love the drive to work in the winter because the sky is just so pretty, all shades of pinks and purples and blues.  This is one of the reasons I love winter so much. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...